Position title: Intermediate Analyst, Marketing Research
Lanla, Experts in Customer Experience
Founded in 2002, Lanla is a marketing research firm specializing in measuring and managing the customer experience. Our team of experts and avant-garde methods have become vital to Quebec companies and executives seeking to reposition their customer experience. Whether to revise a company’s strategy, update service standards, develop a business culture centred on the customer experience, or to determine, understand and meet customer needs and expectations, measure the behaviour of customers in their natural environment (in a store for instance), or measure the economic impact of decisions, Lanla’s team of specialists is unmatched.
At Lanla, our goal is simple: increase your company’s performance and profitability. Our method: achieve a better understanding of your customers. Our tools and methodological approaches are vastly superior to the studies and surveys offered by our competitors. In fact, we draw all information relevant to your customers directly from the heart of your operations. Our tools are powerful and our recommendations are immediately profitable.
To support our continued growth, we would like to welcome a marketing research analyst to our team.
Reporting directly to the director of research, the marketing research analyst assists, advises and supports the management of Lanla’s “corporate” clients. In collaboration with the account directors, he/she analyzes businesses’ needs, in terms of research, and creates evaluation programs (methodology and questionnaires) to best meet these needs. He/she masters all of the relevant data and ensures the production of quality marketing information to help with decision-making. Amongst others, the analyst must:
- Meet with clients in order to create and implement evaluation programs that meet their needs;
- Design measuring tools (questionnaires);
- Interpret the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Draft and design various documents (dashboards, indicators, etc.) and analysis reports;
- Present analysis reports to clients’ management teams;
- Assist project managers with data collection management to ensure the quality of the data collected;
- Training and coordination of junior analysts’ work;
- Coordination of various external resources’ work (translators, graphic designers, etc.).
- Responsible for several client accounts;
- Ensure that research projects meet the quality standards and strategies defined at the start of each evaluation program.
- Hold a master’s in administration or in a related field;
- Hold a minimum of 5-years relevant experience;
- Good writing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the following software: Excel, Power Point, Word and SPSS and/or Statistica;
- Ability to successfully complete several major projects simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Autonomous, rigorous and precise;
- Sense of creativity;
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and constantly growing environment;
- Excellent oral and written French;
- Bilingual (French and English).
The Lanla benefits
This job opportunity offers a challenging career in an innovative work environment, a competitive salary, a range of benefits, including group insurance and a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSOs), which is provided by the employer.
Lanla fosters continuing education and offers excellent opportunities for professional development and promotion.
Lanla is an equal opportunity employer.See other available positions